Foothill High School has football and basketball cheerleaders
as well as a competing stunt team.
STUNT, the fastest growing female sport in the country, removes the crowd-leading element and focuses on the technical and athletic components of cheer, including partner stunts, pyramids, basket tosses, group jumps and tumbling. These elements are put together in short routines that both teams must perform head-to-head on the floor at the same time. The team that executes the skills best wins the round and the point, and has the opportunity to determine which routine level will be called next. With four quarters of play – partner stunts, pyramids & tosses, jumps & tumbling, and team routine – STUNT is an exciting sport to play, coach and watch.
USA Cheer created STUNT as an opportunity for colleges, universities, and high schools to meet the strict Title IX requirements of a sport. With more than 500,000 high school cheerleaders, STUNT expands participation opportunities for young women by providing an avenue for female athletes to use their cheerleading background in a new format.
The purpose of the FHS cheerleading organization is to develop leadership and promote unity within the school and to generate school spirit and enthusiasm. Cheerleaders are by title…ROLE MODELS.
1. Cheerleaders shall promote and uphold school spirit,
2. Cheerleaders shall develop a sense of good sportsmanship among students,
3. Cheerleaders shall promote unification of the crowd’s involvement during athletic events.
4. Cheerleaders shall strive to build better relationships between schools,
5. Cheerleaders shall strive to uphold the highest moral standard, in the classrooms, at school, as well as cheerleading, and also throughout the community,
6. Cheerleader’s appearance and conduct at all athletic and extra-curricular activities in the community, social
media or on campus should reflect positively on themselves and Foothill High School